Saturday, December 10, 2011

One Heck of a Year

It has been a whirlwind of a year for the Dahlins.
We first we went on a awesome vacation with 2 of my sisters and their husbands ( you can see all the details in earlier posts.)

Then we found out that I was pregnant after we came home. We were so excited to start our family. And that our little one was going to join us on October 20th.

A few weeks later Chris was playing basketball at work and he landed on someone's foot and twisted his ankle to badly that he chipped his ankle bone and had to wear a walking boot for at least 2 months.

In April one day Chris was having bad stomach pains and after going to the emergency room we found out that Chris needed to have his appendix out. He ended up having surgery on a Sat first thing in the morning and he had no problems. He was discharged later that day and he was doing pretty good. By Monday afternoon he was having such bad stomach pains again that we ended up going to the emergency room again. He had an x-ray and the saw that his intestines were swelling and they told us that he had a bad illius. Pretty much his intestines "fell asleep" from having his appendix out and they hadn't woken up. That happens to 1 in 20 people and all they can do is wait for it to "wake up." So he was admitted and was not allowed to eat or drink. They x-rayed his intestines again on Wed. and they told us they needed to do another surgery because they thought that he had something blocking his intestines and that is why he was having all the swelling. During the surgery they found that there was no blockage but it must have helped. He was feeling better and was able to start eating on Sunday. After a full week at the hospital he was finally able to come home after losing 20 lbs!

In July we were able to fly to Kansas and see his little sister get married in the Winter Quarters Temple. It was a beautiful and a very HOT day. It was right during the heat wave in the mid-west. I never knew that it could be midnight and be 100 degrees at the same time. They also had a fun reception with a DJ with lots of dancing and good food. Thanks for the good time!

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5684693379654921554" />

On October 18th we finally added Abigail Elise to our family. She was born at 9:22 am, 6 lbs 9 oz, 19.75 inches. I started contractions on Sunday at 4 pm. They were about 30 minutes apart and they continued to be that far apart until Monday at
8 am. They then started coming about 7-10 minutes. My mom came up the night before so she was with Chris and I the whole day keeping me calm and helping me know what I should do. At 3 we went to the hospital to make sure that the baby was okay and also to see if I was dilated at all. Once we were there my contractions stayed at about 7 minutes apart and the baby was fine but alas, no one was able to reach / find my cervix. So I was monitored for 2.5 hours! and they sent me home. Boo. We all came home and ate some dinner and by 9 pm I started having super pain contractions and also back labor. Back labor was the worst part of the contractions. I was at my limit of pain by about 1:30 so we went to the hospital. Once I was there the best nurse there was able to reach and pull my cervix forward. Once she did that she told us that I was dilated to a 4! Hooray! I was able to be admitted and I was getting my epidural. Epidurals are the best thing in the world, If you have had one you know what I mean.
By 8 am I was at a 10 and my Dr. was on her way. And out she came to join the world after a short 30 minutes of pushing.

No comments:

Our Life Together......So far