Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Enter the Dahlins to the World of Blogging

So since all my friends it seems have blogs and Chris's friends have talked about doing one- I guess that this is the way of the future. I don't have any super cute kids of my own to share lots of pictures of.....that being said, you will see a lot of nephews, nieces, and anyone else I feel so inclined to share about. 

Chris and I met by his friend setting us up on a complete blind date. He thought that I was chubby since I had a lower voice for a girl. Good thing that I wasn't or it might not have gone much further than a dinner at the Spaghetti Factory. We got engaged 3 
months later and then another 6 horrendously long months later we were married. I would never tell anyone to be engaged for that long EVER. We lived in Sugarhouse for 4 months while Chris finished his last semester at the U of U and then transfered up to Weber where we are now living and somehow both going to school. Chris and I have been in Ogden for a year and a half. How the time flies. We live in an apartment almost directly across the street from Weber State University. And I am not kidding when I say that they are called The Apartments. Yes, The Apartments. I love that we live so close to campus, that means that Chris gets his daily dose of almost losing his life when he has to cross 6 lanes of kamikaze traffic to obtain his higher education, and we don't have to pay for parking, Silver Lining anyone? 

Chris actually just graduated and now is doing his Masters in the fall. 3 short semesters away from not being students anymore and now we will have to be real adults. Isn't that when you are supposed to buy a house, buy a car that is more than $150 a mo., have a child and a half, plus a family pet? Holy Crap! We are way behind. Good thing people are living longer there days. 

Well, here we are entering the world of blogging, all my friends are doing it so I should right? What is that age old saying..... If your friends jumped off a bridge would you?
Yes? Then come on in the water is just fine! 





5 comments:

Britney said...

Cute blog so far! I love that your apartments are just called The Apartments. What creative marketing! Haha - and I seriously saw in my mind Chris crossing the traffic - scary!
Oh, and don't worry about feeling behind on actually starting to have an adult life. Kevin and I have been graduated for how long now and we have no house, no pets, no kids...eh - you got plently of time for that!
Welcome to the blogging world!

Andrus Family said...

So you crack me up! Everything you write is hilarious, I love it! I'm so glad you have a blog now so I can keep better tabs on you two. And it only took Ryan and I almost 6 years of marriage to be done with school, buy a house, and have a kid, so you are not behind!! It was sooo good to see you the other night, it had been too long!

Mendenhalls Unite said...

Buttmunch!
I miss you!! I feel like I just had a conversation with you blog style because you talk just how you write! I LOVED IT!!!! How are things? I'll give you a call soon so was can talk in real life.
Love you!!

Mich and Nate said...

YEAH!!!! Welcome to a whole new world of blogging! Hopefully you'll do better than me, after my first blog entry it took me 6 months before I ever updated again! I love the pics! Miss ya!

Blake Loosli said...

A Porter blogging? Great I'm going to have to set aside several hours just to read each post :)

Our Life Together......So far